S.A.S » S.A.S News Desk » Moaners Section

Moaners Section

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Moaners Section on Mon May 28, 2018 12:44 am

Oldrum

Regular
Regular
Twitter Twits

Was just reading around the web, and i noticed some people complaining about Tom Segal, saying quotes like "should been sacked" and "should be ashamed". 

Now i agree he is not on the best of form of late, but surely any of these people following him would be taking a note of the horses and going to do own form reading and making a personal judgement themselves. I understand he is a paid for service but the majority of people can find his tips free online so this will not be an excuse.

My moan here is how can anyone have the audacity to speak like this about someone who goes out of his way trying to make a effort for people, and you can bet your bottom dollar that half of the people who are saying such quotes like above are often the ones who if asked would pick a losing horse 8 out of 10 times, and if asked would not know how difficult it can be to pick 1 horse out of sometimes a field of 16, they think it's a simple open and shut case if only they knew.

I would love to open a challenge up to all these ones who sit moaning at people like Tom Segal and ask them to produce me some winners, what is the betting the majority would not be able to do it regular and would be at more of a loss than Tom Segal by the years end.

I call these people The Twitter Twits, the same type who sit complaining at the slightest thing on the television.

2 Re: Moaners Section on Mon May 28, 2018 12:58 am

Kelly

TART OF FORUM
TART OF FORUM
I agree with you on this one, they was loving him when he was earning them the money but moment he hits a tough part they suddenly forget about all the money he earned them. Some people are never happy it is why i do not use Twitter it is just full of snowflakes who think they know best about everything 

Only issue is in 6 years he is now at a loss of £213 his worst year was 2015, but then me being sensible knows this and it was because he started getting too confident i think plus does not help he is tipping 4 sometimes in same race which never helps 

I would also be interested in what his stats are if used set stakes because i think he would show better results, the use 30 for Nap 20 for Nb and 5 for rest so would be interesting see what he is at set stakes 

3 Re: Moaners Section on Mon May 28, 2018 1:03 am

Kelly

TART OF FORUM
TART OF FORUM
Also is he really that good at tipping the longer odds like they make out? this i only just noticed 

Profit/Loss Analysis

Profit at odds less than 3.0: 46.30
Profit at odds greater than 3.0 to 6.0: 209.35
Profit at odds greater than 6.0 to 11.0: -1130.25
Profit at odds greater than 11.0 to 16.0: 531.50
Profit at odds greater than 16.0: 129.75
Profit if backed win only: -547.85 (-334.5)

Average num tips per day: 3.78
Average odds overall: 13.31
Average odds on winners: 11.35
Longest losing streak: 45

4 Re: Moaners Section on Mon May 28, 2018 1:08 am

Kelly

TART OF FORUM
TART OF FORUM
i also think they lie it he took this bet yet says he won less than he should of won so i do not get how they work out his stats surely he wins more than £75 if you go on £10 win only bet  

Curr-> Win Lancaster Bomber8.50-WIN 75.00-203.35

5 Re: Moaners Section on Mon May 28, 2018 1:17 am

Bill.Price

Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
You have a good point both of you especially that last part just checked he should of been £80 in profit because was no rule 4 so is a strange system they use on him, i think he is okay slight mistakes made but then show me a tipster who does not make a mistake or two after studying sometimes 8 cards

6 Re: Moaners Section on Tue May 29, 2018 1:47 am

Samantha.dee

V.I.P
V.I.P
I find if your honest with your followers they are happy, the thing is he is not honest with his followers i have often read his stuff and find so many flaws that is makes you think is he really bothered anymore whenever we have a bad run i am always messaging the very loyal followers who i know follow everything asking them if they happy if they feel we should change anything etc because it bothers me that they are losing with us.

I think he gets his fee no matter what he gets a percentage of the RP package fees which mounts up so for him it is win win either way and you then question is he really caring anymore, you will get him giving 3 tips in the same race on Ante post then on the day a other 2 that is 5 horses which you find 2 have become a NR on the day losing the ante post money and then have 3 horses to try and get your stake back at least for just the one race.

We try to never go over 2 or 3 horses in a race and if we are doing more than one horse we have a good think on it beforehand if it is worth the risk of at least both placing, often we have lost out because not felt fair to put a other selection in the race. That being said i also then sit and know this about Pricewise and other than a glance to see his selections i pay little attention to it effecting what bet i will take on i do not avoid a horse or pick a horse based on if he picked it or not.

He is a very clever man without a doubt but would he play things different if he was not winning either way take away his fee from the RP then we will see a very different type of tipster, if i was getting paid for example i would not put the effort in with me If my followers are losing then i am losing with him it is if they losing he is still winning.

Does any follower have the right to demand he be sacked no, does a other tipster have the right to say that about him again no, but can we all question it yes we can. Will i ever be put off a horse he tips up no i wont be.

7 Re: Moaners Section on Tue May 29, 2018 2:07 am

city.rock

Knows way round
Knows way round
@Samantha.dee wrote:He is a very clever man without a doubt but would he play things different if he was not winning either way take away his fee from the RP then we will see a very different type of tipster, if i was getting paid for example i would not put the effort in with me If my followers are losing then i am losing with him it is if they losing he is still winning.
Highlighted in red, you hit the nail on the head with that, i think if you took the fee away he would change completely. I respected him when he started off similar to how the SAS was he was a small stakes punter betting the long odds and it worked but the more his pay packet went up you saw the sudden change in habits. He works on Speed going etc similar to you two and kept the stakes small the payouts big often meaning he can afford a losing run but Kelly said a fair point if we was to flip it around and use set stakes on him from day one i think we would have a different set of results and he would be at a plus he is only £230+ down since he ever started that is with mixed stakes so set stakes he would be a plus i think

8 Re: Moaners Section on Tue May 29, 2018 2:18 am

Samantha.dee

V.I.P
V.I.P
If i had the time i would check that because i do think you are right, that is why it is rare we ever go over our set stakes it keeps the books honest, from what we earned last year i know for this year what we can afford to risk and when to stop it is why you do this:

• Book
  • Pen 
  • Set stake
  • a year 

If your at a minus or breaking even change how your gambling or give up, he mixes the stakes which can be damaging, we showed that the other day when we done our picks then put more money on Sheik yet if we just stuck to what we did we would of ended the day in profit.

A good topic Oldrum, more of this needed on here so thank you for doing this.

9 Re: Moaners Section on Tue May 29, 2018 3:34 pm

Millster

Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Me being a follower mainly i would never slate off a tipster i might have a joke or two but would never demand someone be sacked from a job because the very same ones would of been the same ones thanking him when he had Approx 12 weeks in a row winning 25/1 11/1 etc back in the day he would of earned many punters plenty of money and i for one hope his luck changes soon for him

10 Re: Moaners Section on Tue May 29, 2018 3:43 pm

Burningroots

Regular
Regular
@Samantha.dee wrote:If my followers are losing then i am losing with him it is if they losing he is still winning.
That is the main problem he is not losing along with everyone what he pays out on tips he gets back from the fee which then puts many off him and makes people not accept when he is losing so often, if he said look i only get paid when i am in a plus each month everyone would respect him more like we all respect the tipsters on here

11 Re: Moaners Section on Tue May 29, 2018 10:36 pm

Oldrum

Regular
Regular
Thank you for all the replies was a joy reading them. I will be doing one each week to start off topics each week will be a different topic

12 Re: Moaners Section on Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:47 pm

Mandinka

Knows way round
Knows way round
As regards media tipsters i like Hugh Taylor on ATR. He goes for angles the bookies don't like. I have a suspicion the trainer/jockey combo of his tips are worth taking note of as well. Or even if a jockey is riding for a different trainer outside of these combo's. Taylor had a career as a jockeys agent as well.

13 Re: Moaners Section on Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:32 pm

Kelly

TART OF FORUM
TART OF FORUM
PITY
This is moaning part and i watching Britain got Talent LOST VOICE BOY IS NOT FUNNY they clapping and laughing for no reason at him you got to admit that if i was in that audience i would be booing him saying get off because if we honest never hardly laughed at nothing he actually said for the past week i do not get why they making out he is so funny for MOAN OVER

14 Re: Moaners Section on Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:33 pm

city.rock

Knows way round
Knows way round
All i am going to say is glad i am not the only one thinking it

15 Re: Moaners Section on Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:46 am

Millster

Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Here is a good moan for you all 

Reading a couple of other sites and the amount of times i read people making excuse after excuse when a tip loses is so annoying for me. Just do what the people on here do get over it very fast and just post up the next days bets, it is like people feel they need to think of an excuse why a horse loses me being more of a follower than i am a tipster i never care if someone i am following loses it is all part of the gamble.

So it can be annoying to read people rushing in the excuses instead of just shrugging shoulders thinking to themselves move onto the next too much overthinking by some (none on here) this is a moan at things was reading on other sites even some of the pro's do it 

Think if you had loyal followers who know you work you never need to give them an excuse if you lose, i know the people i follow on here who win,lose and sometimes even have disaster days would never need to explain to me. I rather they brush off and start again the next day instead of giving out excuses over every losing tip i.e it was the jockeys fault, the jockey did not give it a good ride, the hood was not removed quick enough etc etc i even heard one guy on the twitter say "must been because the jockey was still drunk from the night before because looked like he was swaying" mean seriously.

Remember this is NOT about this site just places i visit like Twitter, Facebook etc

16 Re: Moaners Section on Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:46 am

Ubik

VIP Plus
VIP Plus
my big moan is why in small fields, why cant they make sure they are all in different colours so its easy to follow them on the track, im fed up with seeing 3 in blue and trying to work out which is which!

17 Re: Moaners Section on Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:32 pm

Kelly

TART OF FORUM
TART OF FORUM
My moan of the week came from my bedroom   sorry had to say it before anyone else had chance to make the joke lol

18 Re: Moaners Section on Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:43 pm

Ubik

VIP Plus
VIP Plus
@Kelly wrote:My moan of the week came from my bedroom   sorry had to say it before anyone else had chance to make the joke lol

sorry babe, but next time try not to step on it when im getting it out 

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum