You are not connected. Please login or register

S.A.S » THE VAULT » Newmarket Festival

Newmarket Festival

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Newmarket Festival on Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:15 am

Sean

V.I.P
V.I.P
We going focus on the Newmarket cards only over the festival, of course if something stands out in the other cards we will mention it like usual but want to give the focus on the Festival.

Write ups in bit

2 Re: Newmarket Festival on Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:19 am

XxicequeenxX

FRIDAY £5 CHALLENGE WEEKLY CHAMP £40.00
still waiting Sean.... i will do one because i know must be reason for not doing it by now 

Give me half hour to write out

3 Re: Newmarket Festival on Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:27 am

XxicequeenxX

Tamleek 1.50, when you take a look at his run from Ascot you can see he should do well over here Saeed Bin Suroor is doing so well in the past 14 days having a 50% strike rate with his horses 7 have won out of 14 rides 86% of his horses are running to form and Newmarket is a track Godolphin are very familiar with being based in Newmarket, Jim Crowley booked in to ride who rode this horse to a very good win back in April at Newmarket he himself has 7 wins steps up in trip today which is always a concern when no form to work on but when running over 1m 4 he seemed to of found it all ok 16/1

Denaar 2.25, Frankie Dettori big comeback run on Richard Hannon horse at Newmarket speaks volumes they won this race last year on Mehmas, and the Hannon family have in total won this race 5 times Ivawood, Anjaal, Alhebayeb and Libranno expect Denaar to be added to that list, Dettori lost lot of money being out of Ascot and his looking to get some back here with this one he only has 2 rides today both look set to do well the softer ground should see him better off  than was at Ascot 14/1

Danielsflyer 3.00 i can see why Brian the Snail is popular on here and have have a small bet myself on that but this is a horse i am going with today this is one of the more better races at Newmarket this week, you be a fool to give this one a miss forget his last run was not for him this won 25/1 at newmarket LTO beating  some good horses Queen in Waiting who went onto win a month later, they have booked in Kirby on this one who should see this at least placing 100% 1/1 over Newmarket could make it 2/2 25/1

Western Hymm 3.35, one of them races you can argue about all day long with a different selection from most but i am siding with a Kirby double being pulled off he can beat Hawkbill no problems i feel it is Frontiersman who i worry about can not help but feel it is going be this or Muntahaa winning today each way on both 22/1 25/1

4.05 easy to pass on nothing to work on in this race not my sort of races to bother with only horse to stand out is May Bride because of the Fahey/Moore strike rate when coming to Newmarket 5/2 might be someones cup of tea in a race like this but not for me when so many can be the next big thing for all we know guessing work is not my thing and i have not earned my money by playing the lottery so if you fancy a game of lottery this will be your race luck will be on your side if guess the winner 

4.35 Monsieur Joe, i like when this happens did not know was a Kirby horse so when stuff like that happens i always do a small each way on the patent or so on a other Kirby horse he could have a very good day or a very bad day well down in the weights and you cxan not help think his ahead of the handicapper drops in class for this race Kirby has ridden this 7 times and won 2 placed 2 won a race at Newmarket Festival last year and been doing well all year 20/1

5.05 Forest Ranger, normally race would not bother with got little to no interest for me but this horse i owe one to we all do won us lot of money back in April 13/2

Patent of the Day - Kirby

4 Re: Newmarket Festival on Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:03 pm

XxicequeenxX

Sorry for the fast write ups and probably should looked deeper hope i at least gave someone some ideas with these

5 Re: Newmarket Festival on Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:05 pm

Ubik

V.I.P
V.I.P
3pm Newmarket
Golden apollo 8-1 Tim Easterby horse has form form form including winning at this grade at york LTO 17th jun on good to firm and at ponty 5 days earlier

Downsides are owners comments saying he would like it soft, but won on good to firm and the predicted going is good, so any rain would be an advantage

[th]DATE[/th][th]RACE NAME[/th][th]HORSE[/th][th]JOCKEY[/th][th]WINNINGS[/th]
17Jun17Catherine Kinloch Paver Memorial Macmillan Charity HandicapGolden ApolloJ Sullivan£62,250

https://www.racingpost.com/profile/horse/1036283/golden-apollo

TIM EASTERBY believes Golden Apollo could be a future Ayr Gold Cup contender after he relished the strong pace to win the Catherine Kinloch Paver Memorial Macmillan Charity Handicap at York.
The Great Habton handler was delighted a long-term plan had paid off which gave him a fifth victory in the six-furlong feature.
It had not been without its scares, though, as Easterby was forced to run Golden Apollo at Pontefract on Monday and just prayed he won to ensure his place in the field.
A 5lb penalty for that success, as well as being drawn wide in stall one, failed to dampen Easterby's confidence and Golden Apollo (5-1) delivered in style under James Sullivan to deny bottom weight The Wagon Wheel by a neck with Justanotherbottle third and Poet's Society in fourth.
"We couldn't get to run him early as he doesn't like really firm ground and there was a danger he wasn't going to get in the race," said Easterby.
"The plan was to go to Wetherby and win, but he got beat there so we had to go to Pontefract.
"I was never bothered about the draw. I was very happy drawn there. He's a horse that comes off the bridle and picks up, so I told James not to panic but he rode a really good race on him.
"He just got there – it was a bit close.
"He wants soft ground. It was only just all right.
"I'd like to run him in the Ayr Gold Cup one day, but it would have to be soft."

6 Re: Newmarket Festival on Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:10 pm

Ubik

V.I.P
V.I.P
@XxicequeenxX wrote:Sorry for the fast write ups and probably should looked deeper hope i at least gave someone some ideas with these

always happy to see you posting Charlotte and thank you for these  :)

7 Re: Newmarket Festival on Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:13 pm

Ubik

V.I.P
V.I.P
fools gold newmarket tips

Face the Facts 20-1
It dont come easy 14-1
justanotherbottle 20-1
Hawkbill 7-1
Indicia 20-1
ice age 8-1 \ foxy forever 28-1
Beat the bank 10-1

8 Re: Newmarket Festival on Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:58 pm

XxicequeenxX

@XxicequeenxX wrote:Tamleek 1.50, when you take a look at his run from Ascot you can see he should do well over here Saeed Bin Suroor is doing so well in the past 14 days having a 50% strike rate with his horses 7 have won out of 14 rides 86% of his horses are running to form and Newmarket is a track Godolphin are very familiar with being based in Newmarket, Jim Crowley booked in to ride who rode this horse to a very good win back in April at Newmarket he himself has 7 wins steps up in trip today which is always a concern when no form to work on but when running over 1m 4 he seemed to of found it all ok 16/1

Nothing for forth in this game

9 Re: Newmarket Festival on Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:02 pm

Kelly

TART OF FORUM
TART OF FORUM
Sean is up the jail that is why Char they raided a few houses last night even took in my brother will let you know what is going on but that be why he suddenly left us hanging lol

10 Re: Newmarket Festival on Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:07 pm

Ubik

V.I.P
V.I.P
@Kelly wrote:Sean is up the jail that is why Char they raided a few houses last night even took in my brother will let you know what is going on but that be why he suddenly left us hanging lol

lol, no way! And i thought he was such a nice quiet sort!

11 Re: Newmarket Festival on Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:52 pm

Voodoo

Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Me and Colin will help with this bit for tonight then char keep things ticking over so do not worry about today's results in yours we sort something tonight for next meeting a thread Newmarket

12 Re: Newmarket Festival on Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:11 pm

Ubik

V.I.P
V.I.P
@Ubik wrote:fools gold newmarket tips

Face the Facts 20-1
It dont come easy 14-1
justanotherbottle 20-1
Hawkbill 7-1
Indicia 20-1
Beat the bank 10-1
happy so far  :D
Hawkbill 7-1 WON
Indicia 20-1 2nd

13 Re: Newmarket Festival on Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:26 pm

XxicequeenxX

Good picks Will and thanks Voodoo hopefully i will do better tomorrow was last minute looking at cards when noticed nothing was put here that is my excuse lol

14 Re: Newmarket Festival on Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:32 pm

Ubik

V.I.P
V.I.P
@XxicequeenxX wrote:Good picks Will and thanks Voodoo hopefully i will do better tomorrow was last minute looking at cards when noticed nothing was put here that is my excuse lol

well, it was only thanks to you picking up the ball, after sean that i had a quick look, one of my picks was cardsharp but went for something different here for a little more value, although that backfired lol

15 Re: Newmarket Festival on Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:40 pm

Samantha.dee

Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Looks like I be doing this myself for while then god knows why some people can just not live a peaceful life  will be on tonight with my picks

16 Re: Newmarket Festival on Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:45 pm

Ubik

V.I.P
V.I.P
@Ubik wrote:

Face the Facts 20-1
It dont come easy 14-1
justanotherbottle 20-1
Hawkbill 7-1
Indicia 20-1
Beat the bank 10-1
happy so far  :D
Hawkbill 7-1 WON
Indicia 20-1 2nd

well good news if you were getting 5 places, like with sky as foxy forever placed at 33-1  :D

17 Re: Newmarket Festival on Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:13 pm

Ubik

V.I.P
V.I.P

Face the Facts 20-1
It dont come easy 14-1
justanotherbottle 20-1
Hawkbill 7-1
Indicia 20-1
Beat the bank 10-1
turned out nice in the end, sorry for the lateness!
pmsl cos these were done so quick, lucky begger aint i?
Big shout out to Charlotte for her inspiration  :queen: :queen: :queen:
Hope someone followed

Hawkbill 7-1 WON
Indicia 20-1 2nd
foxy forever 28-1 5th placed at 33-1 if you got 5 places 
Beat the bank 10-1 WON

18 Re: Newmarket Festival on Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:44 pm

Ubik

V.I.P
V.I.P
1:50 4 places with sky and others
For the win Makzeem 9-1 Muh, 2nd
For a place Brigiladoro 16-1
outsider to place Dutch Uncle 20-1

2:25 3 places
For the win Clemmie 2-1 SURPRISE!
For a place\win Mistress of Venice 9-1
outsider to place So Hi Society 20-1

3pm 4 places
For the win Daawy 5-1 (Note I really like Leshlaa 5-1 but question mark on top weight)
For a place\win Speedo Boy 14-1
For a place Oasis Charm 12-1 2nd..gutted cos was so so close

3:35 Muh 2 place boring race for value so best avoided but will type something anyway more in hope than anything
Arabian Hope 5-1 maybe a chance of snatching it
greta G, maybe a place, as gosden horse with crowley as jock

4:10 4 places..probably the trickiest race to work out but having a go
For the win Starlight Mystery 7-1
For a place\win Tangled 15/2 WON
outsider to place Arabian Jazz 14-1

4:45 global conquerer 9-1 \ deja 12-1

5:20 jetstream 20-1 \ Global giant 15/2 WON

Last edited by Ubik on Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:38 pm; edited 7 times in total

19 Re: Newmarket Festival on Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:35 pm

Voodoo

Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
@Ubik wrote:

Hawkbill 7-1 WON
Indicia 20-1 2nd
foxy forever 28-1 5th placed at 33-1 if you got 5 places 
Beat the bank 10-1 WON
Good tipping here

20 Re: Newmarket Festival on Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:45 pm

Afternoondelight

Knows way around
Knows way around
Funding Deficit 1.50 Newmarket  40/1
Going to take a each way on this today stepped back up to 7f for the odds it is certainly worth taking a chance on this one showing more now back over this distance

21 Re: Newmarket Festival on Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:47 pm

Bill.Price

GRAND FIVER CHAMPION £209.00 14 Weeks
GRAND FIVER CHAMPION £209.00 14 Weeks
i come on for Friday fun day are you running it Ubik i did not fancy a write up tonight so if doing that will put my selections for Newmarket on that

22 Re: Newmarket Festival on Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:51 pm

ColdCreek

Regular
Regular
Same here Bill can make a killer blow on Friday with Newmarket cards i want that crown lol

23 Re: Newmarket Festival on Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:07 pm

Ubik

V.I.P
V.I.P
@Bill.Price wrote:i come on for Friday fun day are you running it Ubik i did not fancy a write up tonight so if doing that will put my selections for Newmarket on that

yes that no problem, put what you like how you like on fun fiver day, the only goal is to make as much from a fiver as you can

and writeups, you dont have to do them at all, and certainly not required on fun Friday, obviously they give people confidence but then i read up on everything myself before parting with my money.

I'm terrible in that I never do write ups.
But I assure you and everyone else, i am very serious about my picks and do the research
I look at form first thing, and has it won on the going and or distance\course or got close
Is it likely to improve ( I read back on the races and look for clues like, stayed on well or one paced, did it get held up or run too freely)
Other clues could be a sudden change of jockey or distance or headgear or first run for new trainers, they can all make a positive difference)
Thanks to sam, i dont ignore the jockey like i used to and now i look up the jocks history, have they always won on short priced faves or have they ridden a previously big no hoper into a place or even a win, form, course, trainer\horse combos
and the same with trainers, in form yards, history of yards with say 2 year olds over turf, as well as any tweets or web posts
then theres breeding to consider..phew, i used wonder why sam posted so late , i soon learnt why!

for example, although i was very pushed for time, with beat the bank, it was soon clear to me , that this horse had the potential based on earlier wins at distance and going, good trainer and jock, ratings, speed,and the progeny had a 47% win rate on the flat
it was more of a chance as i didnt get to check a lot of what i posted, but i was still quite confident and put my money down

hope that helps!

24 Re: Newmarket Festival on Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:51 pm

Samantha.dee

Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
1.25 Newmarket Magestic Moon 25/1
I am going to give this a go hoping to see some form being returned, keeps good claimer and did come close a couple times at the start of June was only beaten a nk by In the red at Goodwood he should go very close at a track he enjoys his raced 5 times over the festival and won 2 times and a place 

2.25 Newmarket So  Hi Society 16/1
Only had the 3 runs last being over C&D and she done ok she is going to give a really good run today specially with the booking of Doyle who has a 26% strike rate

3.00 Newmarket Speedo Boy 12/1
Might get a Doyle double today this did not give a bad run when at Ascot is hard for me to look at others with this in the race only horse that bother me if won over this be Colibri but if anything else won then i would not of even looked at them so wont matter 

Going look at other cards and post up in usual place 

25 Re: Newmarket Festival on Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:40 pm

Ubik

V.I.P
V.I.P
@Ubik wrote:1:50 4 places with sky and others

3pm 4 places
For the win Daawy 5-1 (Note I really like Leshlaa 5-1 but question mark on top weight)

3:35 Muh 2 place boring race for value so best avoided but will type something anyway more in hope than anything

not too bad a day, should have gone in more on Tangled as I felt very good about that one

26 Re: Newmarket Festival on Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:47 pm

Nick C

Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
@Ubik wrote:
@Ubik wrote:1:50 4 places with sky and others

3pm 4 places

not too bad a day, should have gone in more on Tangled as I felt very good about that one
Well done Will. Wish I had followed...short of time today!

27 Re: Newmarket Festival on Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:57 pm

Ubik

V.I.P
V.I.P
1:45 One second 14-1
2:15 Cheval Blanche 6-1 /Inshiraah 7-1 WON
2:50 Medahim 12-1 WON\ Masham Star 9-1 2nd
could be a surprise here and ive always liked executive force 14-1 and i notice buick takes ride and he's a fussy buggar
3:25 gossiping 7-1 \  steady pace 7-1 3rd and place

really annoying when you cut the winner!! and a high price placer in another race

4pm zaman 11-1 \ great prospector 9-1 3rd and place at 12-1
4:35 the tin man 13/2 harry angel 11/2 WON
5:05 hollywood road 11-1 / sporting times 8-1 3rd and place at 10-1

Last edited by Ubik on Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:24 pm; edited 5 times in total

28 Re: Newmarket Festival on Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:04 am

Samantha.dee

Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
ITV 
It is Super Saturday so ten picks

2.10 Ascot Yalta 14/1

This is going to be dropping to a good trip for this race he showed his best ever speed over 5f and the jockey is a plus  his trainer is doing really great lately and i am willing forget his Ascot run but he did run well against a good horse in Blue Point i can see this winning today

2.50 Newmarket Masham Star 10/1

Is Top weighted but can not see this getting in the way too much posts the best speed figures over GC, McDonald is keeping the booking and Johnston is also doing well slight drop in distance today and did well on his last start at Hamilton under this jockey at one time you could believed he was going to win that race McDonald form on this horse is 5 starts 2 wins 1 place 

3.25 Newmarket Withernsea 25/1 + Sutter County 25/1

You can not turn away from a Fahey horse in this race his trained the winner 3 times Rene Mathis, Heaven's Guest and Bra Hill the one mentioned first was also won with Hanagan booked in this horse can at least place interesting how he only sends the one horse here for a race he is well known to taking his the only trainer to win it more than once in 10 years so that alone speaks volumes. Sutter County fits all the Race Trends and again worth taking a risk at theses odds specially after they managed to sort out Cardsharp at the start of the week for everyone

4.00 Newmarket Great Prospector 11/1 

Fahey is quoted in basically saying we will see if he really is the type of horse he speaks highly of in different articles around the web, i always find that Fahey is bit like Guest a honest enough person who gives out his best advice he possibly can example on the above horse Withernsea he tells us he prefer it to rain for some juice in the ground instead of like some trainers saying " i won this race so many times this horse is the one to beat" some trainers would of actually said that and of course they can not predict an outcome but on this occasion i am happy to take his word and if he does not do well then will be no fault of his steps up in class here, only ran once at Nottingham in a field of 11 leaving 2nd 2L behind him, this horse cost nearly 100k and they all must of saw something special because before that was only worth 48k is the half brother to Red Guana who is a 7f type of horse so this wont mind the step up in trip

4.35 Newmarket Limato 9/2  The Tin Man 6/1 and Growl 40/1 £1 tricast

Limato can beat Caravggio so can Tin Man and so can Growl would not at all be surprised if saw even Tasleet beat that not a race you really want to do a singles on unless after place money which then falls in the hands of Growl for me, or if you looking for the type of bet with a risk then Tin man is that money back on the place Growl is a all or nothing horse really 

Fanagan EW Patent on the three mentioned above

1.55 York Gallipoli 20/1

I was drawn to this horse after reading the form of one the races above where he won it for Fahey and it kept coming back to me i would be regretting not doing this one if won so going put some money on this steps up in trip today but very unsure of it if i was going have a serious bet on this race it would go more towards Kings Gift or Qaffaal so this is one to make own minds up on i think

2.30 York Nakeeta 14/1

steps up in class but that just shows they feel is running well enough to handle it could win this race if at his best a each way obviously needs be done with this was top weighted on last run under Dettori and still managed to do well done well to place over C&D one i will be watching which is rare i watch just want see it for future reference 

3.05 York Dragon Mall 25/1

Can see why Sean went for UAE Prince, looks set to get better in time and maybe he is right to take a price like that for this horse not often get a chance to play for least place money off it and the combo did win this race few years ago so good luck with that one, but i am picking this you know it let me down few times but got feeling can see lot more from it they putting on blinkers for the first time here and been running in tougher competition should do well Big Country is a good horse also in this race along with Another Touch 

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum