You are not connected. Please login or register

S.A.S » Goodwood/Galway 2018 » Glorious Goodwood

Glorious Goodwood

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Glorious Goodwood on Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:59 am

Yazchi

Regular
Regular
If a page is going to be set up for this feel free to move it, each year i love these big festivals and get excited over them and take up Ante post bets but always at small amounts of money i do this because two reasons often get better bigger odds and other reason sometimes your taking a risk of losing your money gambling on horses that do not run but lot of bookies offer NRMB closer to the events which i will post up when they do for now i just picked one but will be writing over the weeks leading up to the event feel free to add your own 

ANTE POST WARNING YOU COULD LOSE MONEY IF DOES NOT RUN PLEASE CHECK BOOKIES TERMS!!

I will be using bet365 which means i will be losing money if this becomes a NR but at 100/1 use even just 50p be good returns 

£1.00 each way

4TH August 2018 Goodwood 

3.40 Quench Dolly 100/1  (4 PLACES)

I was looking at the tracker horse today and if you go to that section i pretty much talked myself into taking this bet on for this race 

Throwback Glory Days 

Big Orange winning the Goodwood Cup a couple of Year ago i had a good bet on this horse when he won the Prince of Wales at Newmarket could not get a decent price on him for the Goodwood which was a shame, i could never back a short priced horse on singles i get nervous because you have to lay more money on the table and i could never hold my nerve which sometimes is proven right when this lost at 6/4 in this very race when seeking the Hat trick burned lots of fingers because lot of money was lost on him, but for the most loyal of loyalist followers that would of been a drop in the ocean for the Prince of Wales victory, always brings a smile to my face that. I hope to find similar star winners for this forum over the Goodwood festival.

2 Re: Glorious Goodwood on Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:09 am

Bill.Price

Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
I will add to this in the week, i always respected Big Orange i was saddened to hear he was not running this season think he was one of the stars on the flat everyone liked seeing him in action lets hope we will see more of him in the future, i say this because been lot happening this year so can never just assume

3 Re: Glorious Goodwood on Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:55 am

Samantha.dee

V.I.P
V.I.P
Seems like only yeasterday we was doing Goodwood time goes fast we lost so much money last year at this so we hope it is better this year, i remember feeling like it would never end it clashes with the Galway festival which will again this year

4 Re: Glorious Goodwood on Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:26 am

Yazchi

Regular
Regular
The feature contest was a fairly good little sprint handicap. They went a decent gallop and the favourite couldn't get to terms with the new leader from some way out.
QUENCH DOLLY, returning from a seven-week break, was dropping back in trip and class from a declining, winning mark. She got on the lead well over 1f out and kept pouring it on in a ready victory thereafter. She won at Glorious Goodwood on contrasting ground last year and is entered in the Stewards' Cup back there next month.

5 Re: Glorious Goodwood on Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:28 am

Yazchi

Regular
Regular
@Samantha.dee wrote:Seems like only yeasterday we was doing Goodwood time goes fast we lost so much money last year at this so we hope it is better this year, i remember feeling like it would never end it clashes with the Galway festival which will again this year
I lost money last year at the Galway, i never did badly at Goodwood i always spend little bit extra at the Festivals it is like Christmas to me when Festivals happen i get all excited and can not sleep night before lol going to be working on my picks starts around Thursday and posting up lots

6 Re: Glorious Goodwood on Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:08 pm

Yazchi

Regular
Regular
So far have took these bets, remember everyone to check your bookmaker on the Ante Post betting rules you will lose money if they become no runners before declaration stage

I only put very small money on these horses on Ante Post 50p here £1 and so on never ever put more than £2 on anything on the Ante post so please make sure you keep this in mind

Goodwood Day one

1.50 Nicolas T 20/1 (4 places)

Do not take this bet on Coral or Ladbrokes they are only offering win only, i want to have a place chance with this.

Master The World will be on my short list if makes the cut that is for certain.

Any horse ridden by Adam Kirby will also interest me he won the race 3 years in a row.

This race is known to go to a horse over 12/1.

The 1m 2f will be perfect for this horse especially if the going remains good  managed to place over this distance at Redcar, also was unlucky not to win at Ayr on last start and some say he actually should of won the race if given a decent ride but i will not pass judgement in a negative way on any jockey.

That ride at Aye was his best ride in the form book and if shows up here does have very strong chance of winning.

Remember look out for who Kirby is booked into ride i will be going back to this race the minute we can final declaration.

3.35 Desert Skyline 20/1 - Scotland 50/1

Was reading the email and Pauls tip in this race was Giuseppe Garibaldi which made me go look into the race i think the place money in this race is up for grabs but more so with these two horses, on one you got Silvestre De Sousa and on the other you have Jim Crowley. Everyone knows in these type of races you do not ignore someone like SDS because it often becomes a big mistake and he takes the ride of Desert Skyline he was only 3L behind Stradivarius at York in the Yorkshire cup beating off Call to Mind who goes up 2lb here yet Desert Skyline is remaining on the same weight, in this race last year was 3rd yes but with the smart De Sousa booked in he could do better especially if some rain falls before Tuesday.

Scotland is more for old time sake for me, was 11l behind Stradivarius at Ascot but if i am having a bet on Desert Skyline i have to take this into consideration when you think back to this being 29L in front of Desert Skyline in that race difference is Desert Skyline gets the experience over the distance Scotland does not yet one of these two should place

7 Re: Glorious Goodwood on Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:49 pm

Yazchi

Regular
Regular
We now have best odds guaranteed and NRMB that means money back now if do not run so time to get betting i have had to take price cuts on the horses so i could get both of these offers above, i will explain after first tip

Goodwood 

1.50  Silver Line 9/1 (Bet365)

Watson is the confirmed jockey for this was pleased to see that because gives him a 5lb claim award now, which might need here untested over this distance but Goldolphin know how to sort these type of horses out, he seemed to of not minded 1m when racing at Sandown his first start back over the UK after racing in Meydan, the jockey managed to get a win for the trainer with Asoof and could bring him a other with this one 

So like you see i took bet365 that is because out the 4 bookies offering best odds guaranteed they offer best oddso n this horse, you could go to Paddy Power and take 8/1 and get 4 places but then if the horse drifts you wont be getting the winning price only 8/1 same with Skybet so this is why i am posting which bookmaker i took the bet with on this part 

3.00 Suedois 6/1 (you can use bet or Hills) 

Feel bit let down about the price for this horse thought be more than they offering this was 3rd in this race last year only half length behind Breton Rock who was a shock win at 50/1 he did not have a clear run that day and you could say might of won we will not know but time to see if he would of now coming back to the race both the trainer and jockey are in form and will not take much for this to win here So beloved the other O'Meara horse is worth taking a second look into 

I have lost money on Nicholas T and Scotland because they not running in that race now you can count that towards my leaderboard Kelly only fair i did say count all of my bets so them two is a loss 

8 Re: Glorious Goodwood on Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:33 pm

Samantha.dee

V.I.P
V.I.P
GALWAY FESTIVAL DAY 1 

This year we not doing every single race on the festival cards last year was a disaster lets hope for a better festival(s) starting Tuesday i will be doing the Galway cards Sean be doing the Goodwood card write ups he should be doing the other cards tonight they be up on our page later 

5.55 Galway Kellyiscool - made me laugh the name bet Kelly will be right on this one only had 3 starts this year in big fields 443 so is slowly improving ran well at Tipperary beaten 5l by Devil's Glen Jockey does ok when at Galway 13% win strike rate like said already on the forum this race is known for its high odd winners in the past 20/1 EW

7.05 Galway Castrogiovanni - Was the jockey booking that turned me to this horse the jockey Halpin won this race two years in a row one with this trainer Spruce Meadows in 2016 and again in 2017 on Dinky Inty was once trained by Joseph O'Brien and did win over Fairyhouse last year that being over 6f a new direction in trip here which does not bother me sired by Approve and a few horses have come out of that linage to win well over 7f in the past Swift Approval being one of them will be getting soft ground and showed would not mind if more rain should fall having his win over heavy going at Fairyhouse 28/1 EW

7.40 Galway Benkei - looking back on here i noticed the winner of this race last year was tipped up on here Whisky Sour i am trying this one today to finally win this race having given it a good go the previous 2 years last year he was 8th only 6l behind was 3lb higher that time and this time he also gets 7lb claim thrown in for good measure in 2016 he was again in this race 3l behind Swamp fox in 3rd pplace this time around he is 6lb lighter plus the 7lb claims, when we last seen him he was going over the Hurdles and won by 3l beating 14 other horses, he is certainly a jack of all trades this one now going over the flat and will not care about the ground he can win on good soft the lot last win over the flats cam 2 years ago which is slightly off putting to some but this is the first time since he been given the weight advantages 14/1 EW

9 Re: Glorious Goodwood on Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:24 am

Ubik

Red Diamond
Red Diamond
my galway girls!!

galway
5:55 storm rising 16-1 ignoring lto, has good form and good jock booked 
\ shake the bucket 16-1..this rings a bell, maybe a SAS horse? anyways was 2nd recently

5 place race so if ingely mackensie runs ill be backing that at 9-1 as in really good form

7:40 5 places again
batts rock 14-1 \ decision time 16-1

10 Re: Glorious Goodwood on Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:32 am

Sean

V.I.P
V.I.P
veh veh tempted by shake ze bucket will let all no if i do ze bet if not heard off me bout it means i forgot or not going for it but won lot of money in the past on tha one

11 Re: Glorious Goodwood on Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:17 pm

Colin.

Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Win and both places clever tipping sam and will

12 Re: Glorious Goodwood on Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:23 pm

Sean

V.I.P
V.I.P
Yer that waz savvy didn take ze bucket bet in end annoyin was keepin powder dry till rest week lot racing well Done on ze three tho

13 Re: Glorious Goodwood on Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:13 pm

Colin.

Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
bet premier league winning that just hurt lot of people it was popular bet on the friday fiver challenge this week shame that was

14 Re: Glorious Goodwood on Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:19 pm

Ubik

Red Diamond
Red Diamond
Lol Colin I stuck a Nicker ew on it cos it rang a bell.. Now I know why!!!

15 Re: Glorious Goodwood on Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:25 pm

Robert Powers

Regular
Regular
i was one of them who tipped it for Friday did not see it running today shame that

16 Re: Glorious Goodwood on Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:38 am

Ubik

Red Diamond
Red Diamond
galway gals day2

6:25 Engles rock 20-1 2nd
fecking hate getting beat by a fave, poor positioning by the jock as he finished strongly and i needed that to make up for my other piss poor tips!

7:05 burning question 8-1

7:40 5 places
band of outlaws 14-1 shit draw but you never know

17 Re: Glorious Goodwood on Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:09 pm

Ubik

Red Diamond
Red Diamond
@Ubik wrote:galway gals day2

6:25 Engles rock 20-1 2nd
fecking hate getting beat by a fave, poor positioning by the jock as he finished strongly and i needed that to make up for my other piss poor tips!

7:05 burning question 8-1 WON

7:40 5 places
band of outlaws 14-1 shit draw but you never know

thats better!

18 Re: Glorious Goodwood on Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:15 pm

Luana

Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Well done Will on that

19 Re: Glorious Goodwood on Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:27 pm

Ubik

Red Diamond
Red Diamond
@Luana wrote:Well done Will on that

Thanks Luana

Galway I noticed that if they aint out of the stalls pretty damn quick, its difficult to get anywhere so I look for front runners.

I'm delighted with burning question cos a mate said i wouldnt get no winners tonight and i told him to back it so he's lost out lol

engles rock should have been much closer but got trapped, i was pretty confident on that as well but at least i got my money back and some change

band of outlaws i'd normally be pretty positive on but needs to break quick and get on up as has a poor draw

20 Re: Glorious Goodwood on Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:14 am

Ubik

Red Diamond
Red Diamond
Galway gals part a tri

5:10
the big lense 14-1 \ city island 10-1 WON
(note only for Turbo 16-1 )

5:40 5 places
victoria bay 10-1 \ aydoun 8-1 \ Plouios 16-1
really annoyed, 3 horses and not one could place!!

6:10 5 places
Ejayteekay 20-1 \  Timetoget 8-1 placed

6:45 may peace prevail 18-1..newbie with good jock up top NR

7:20 6 places
slowmotion 8-1 (great John foxx\early ultravox track)  placed
drumcliff 16-1 ...good record when with Aine the jock FELL when clear and leading ffs!!

21 Re: Glorious Goodwood on Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:43 am

Ubik

Red Diamond
Red Diamond
muh had better days, but the 10-1 softened the blow, very disappointed with slow motion as that was my NAP, but thanks to relyod, i got nice place money on snow falcon

oh oh oh, my galway gals
1:40 
schmidt 7-1 \ round tower 16-1 (noticed sean on this one as well)

2:15
Ornua 10-1 \ The Last Marju 25-1

2:40 4 places
Koybig 15/2 \ Honor Oak 15/2, this was beaten by seans Truffles, so maybe can get the win now as we all know sean was very very jammy with that! 

4pm 
Sapphire Lady 15/2 \ Awbeg Prince 10-1

4:35 6 places
Davids Charm 13/2 \ tigris river 12-1

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]