You are not connected. Please login or register

S.A.S » Ebor Festival 2017 » Galway Festival » Information

Information

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Information on Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:49 pm

Mike "Acesandeights"

Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
You might be wondering what on earth is Jessica Harrington doing with a column in the Racing Post during Galway when she only has two runners today (what's worse, they are in the same race!) but, fear not, as we have one of our best ever teams lined-up for the seven-day marathon at Ballybrit and I'll be here every day to tell you all you need to know about them.

My apologies this is old news, i really should look first it was at top of the news feed on Racingpost you would expected them to of deleted that topic now not put it at the top

2 Re: Information on Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:56 pm

Shining Diamond

S.A.S POST EDITOR
S.A.S POST EDITOR
No it is not Mike i just read it on the site it is new news silly lol so you was right to post it they put it up at 6pm today

3 Re: Information on Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:58 pm

Mike "Acesandeights"

Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
You might be wondering what on earth is Jessica Harrington doing with a column in the Racing Post during Galway when she only has two runners today (what's worse, they are in the same race!) but, fear not, as we have one of our best ever teams lined-up for the seven-day marathon at Ballybrit and I'll be here every day to tell you all you need to know about them.

The captain of that team is Sandymount Duke in the TheTote.com Galway Plate (5.35) on Wednesday and I am confident of a cracking run.

He really is in the form of his life and has not missed a beat in the build-up to the race. Everything has been geared towards getting him to peak on Wednesday.

Unfortunately, Robbie [Power] misses Galway after failing a concussion test and Danny Mullins will now come in for the ride. He came down to school him yesterday morning [Sunday] and was thrilled with him.

There were only two chases I could run him in as preps for Galway and he won both at Punchestown and Down Royal.

We then gave him a spin on the Flat at Leopardstown and, I have to admit, I thought he had no chance of winning it as I never thought he would not be quick enough.

He won it comfortably and he has been in fantastic form since and Wednesday cannot come quick enough. I just hope the ground doesn't get too soft.

Anyway, getting back to today, it goes without saying that my best chance of a winner is Hyperdrive in the 1m4½f handicap (8.10).

We seem to have every box ticked as he'll love the soft ground and the step up in trip. He has been aimed at the race for the last few weeks and we have been very lucky on the draw front after getting stall 1. For a horse who likes to be ridden positively, an inside draw was paramount.

We will bounce out and, if nothing wants to go on, Colm [O'Donoghue] will happily do the donkey-work up front. If something wants to go faster than him, then so be it. He is an easy ride and very straightforward.

I was delighted with him at Leopardstown last month. That was a pretty impressive front-running display but the handicapper thought so too and he has gone up 11lb.

That will obviously make life tougher but he is only tackling three-year-olds and he might just be able to defy the hefty rise. He's got a great chance and hopefully he can open our account at the first attempt.

We also run Make It Hurrah in the same race and I wouldn't be surprised if he shaped better than his odds might suggest. He was only three lengths behind Clongowes in a hot handicap at the Curragh last time and, given that he won on heavy ground at Cork in April, any rain that falls will be to his benefit. Let's hope he can sneak into the placings.

GALWAY GALLIVANTING

I fell in love with Moran's On The Weir seafood restaurant a long time ago. I took a pit-stop in there on my way home after Oh So Grumpy won the Galway Hurdle in 1994 so I have very fond memories.

I always call in at least once during race week and I'm hoping to pay a sneaky visit at some stage this week. I adore seafood so the menu is right up my street.

I could eat oysters morning, noon and night and the crab is wonderful there too. Gosh, I'm even feeling peckish now just talking about it.

I BET YOU DIDN'T KNOW

That I am incredibly superstitious, especially on race days. If I am on my way to a meeting and we have runners, the worst thing that can possibly happen is for me to pass a wedding.

If I do, we are guaranteed to have no winners. You might think that the sight of a hearse would be much worse, but passing a funeral usually means that we will have a good day.

I know, I know, I know! It makes absolutely no sense. And, don't even get me started on magpies.

THE JEWEL IN JESSICA'S CROWN

Don't Touch It 
2.15 Galway, Wednesday
This is a fella that I hope can go right to the top over fences and he is my best chance of a winner this week.

You will probably say "sure he only won a handicap chase narrowly at Punchestown" but don't read too much into the margin of victory as he always thinks he has enough done when he gets to the front.

We brought him back in early so he would be ready for this race and he seems in great form. He is a very good jumper and the ground should be ideal so, I have to admit, I will be a bit disappointed if he's gets beaten.

4 Re: Information on Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:58 pm

Mike "Acesandeights"

Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Thank you dear, think i am losing the plot  :lol:

5 Re: Information on Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:04 pm

Mike "Acesandeights"

Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Not sure what is free and what is not free so trying get all the information available out to people so bound post something that all can easily find but think worth doing just in case

6 Re: Information on Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:08 pm

Shining Diamond

S.A.S POST EDITOR
S.A.S POST EDITOR
No post whatever you like Mike some people do not think to check different things and it is all in one place this way so carry on doing what you want

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum